Sunday 14 July 2013

Happy monday....

 Summer time....

 
 
 
What a scorcher it has been here in the UK the last couple of days....
Looks like summer has finally arrived in full!!
It has been perfect weather for my painting marathon....but I must admit: yesterday was too hot for grafting!!
But I am not complaining!!
Playing in the garden, catching some rays...the smell of sunscreen and cooling down in Little Miss Moo's paddling pool....then BBQ's in the afternoon...
hmmm...bliss!!
 
 
 
Although I must admit...it is days like these I realise how much I miss living by the sea...
and the long balmy summer nights in Norway!!
But my Dad has booked us tickets to go back in August...so not long now!!
 
 
This is Little Miss Moo's last week at Nursery before they break off for summer holidays ...
So this week I will be preparing for the Nostalgiecat kids summer club, that I have already told you about....
I made a decision to expand on this idea a couple of weeks ago, and have invited Little Miss Moo's friends to join us for a couple of hours every Monday over the summer holidays for some crafty fun...
I have made a boredom busting pinterest board called kids crafts and fun, that I am using as inspiration for some of the projects and activities I have planned...
Feel free to have a look yourself...there are tips and inspiration for all sorts of games, crafts and science projects that will keep your kids entertained throughout the summer....both outside and on rainy days.... 
So every Monday, starting next week, I will be hosting the Nostalgiecat Kids Summer club here at our home in Hertfordshire....The Posts will go out on the Wednesday, where I will show you what we did (and tell you how we did it...in true nostalgiecat fashion)...
 
 
 
So this week I have to transform our garden from "painting workshop" into" Kid zone"...
I have previously confessed to being less than green-fingered, and our garden does definitely reflect this: Weeds everywhere (And yes...they can be pretty, but not when they are taking over the place...)
So a bit of de-weeding is on top of the agenda!!....and adding some colourful flowers to brighten things up a bit!! (The beautiful flowers in the pictures in this post is NOT from our garden, but snapped around the neighbourhood....for some inspiration!!)
 
 
I have already got Mr to take away a pile of rubble at the back of our garden down the dump...
...and I have scrubbed our old garden furniture clean with some sugar soap...
I was going to paint them, but realised it would be a waste of time, as I don't think they will survive another winter....
Oh...and I almost forgot: Bees!!
On Friday we discovered we had bee's setting up home in one of the old outdoor toilets (now used as sheds) at the back of our garden....now, I love bees, and I am also aware that they are in danger of becoming extinct...which will have serious consequences for the future of our planet...See this article on bees in the guardian.....so I really didn't want to, but we had to call the pest control guys , as they (the bees, not the pest control guys) was becoming quite aggressive...( I may not have been stung by any bees but it sure did sting my wallet to call those guys out....grrrrr!!) So anyway, we are now bee free again...
 
The old outdoor toilets in our back garden...where the bees had set up home...
...and my dead flowers in the pots...
 
And apart from de-weeding and pretty-fying the garden in preparation for the Kids club, I will also be making a simple and comfy seating area out there! That will be my last Saturday DIY tutorial for a while, as I am giving myself a holiday from my projects over the summer....
I want to concentrate on the Kids Club and dedicate some more time to enjoying family life!!
(though there might be the odd little project here and there, as I doubt I will be able to go cold turkey from crafting all summer....)
I hope you will still pop in to see me here at nostalgiecat over the summer,
I'd love to hear what you get up to with the kids over the holidays...
...or if you have any exciting projects on the go...
 
xxx
June
 
 

No comments:

"