Wednesday 8 May 2013

Norway May 2013

A Norwegian treasure hunt....

....looking for beauty



Oh how I wish I could take this home with me.... A beautiful wreck of an old chair exposed to the elements of nature... 

 .....and you will find....



The week I spent in Norway was a time for quiet reminiscing and reflection.
It was the first time I'd spent time there without little miss Moo since her birth, and I had a lot of time to think about the things that matter...such as family and belonging.
I decided to take my camera out and about on the only day we had with good weather...looking for treasure...

I love the colours and textures  and the way these rocks roll into the sea here on the west coast of Norway..

Beauty can be found all around us...it can be something obvious, like a pretty flower or a new tablecloth, or it can be something simple and everyday, something that reminds you of a fond memory, or the feeling of sunshine on your skin or the smell of rain on hot asphalt....
this is what I mean by a treasure hunt....trying to capture those moments that fill up your heart


Like coming across an old favourite spot by the sea, finding that the old boathouse you used to play in as a child has fallen down...beyond repair....Looking through the rubble and venturing into the ruins, trying to find something yesteryear and beautiful.....

...like my morfars old  pot, he used to empty his boat of water after a storm.... or an old chair leg...the beauty it holds lies in both its past and its future....




the beauty of adventure...places that get your imagination flowing
The magic of an old sofa....a beauty beyond repair (unfortunately), left to the mercy of exposure during a long cold winter.........


Or the gnarly bark of an old oak tree, where you used to have a swing as a child.........


  The window of the old house in the woods, where no one ever lived,yet had immaculate window dressings and furniture inside            
...........ignites the imagination...


 There is beauty in the way the spring sun shines through the branches of the tree on top of the hill...

 As I wander through these places, I realise that the most beautiful treasure of all is in the imagination of a child....every little nook and cranny, every stone and tree all holds an adventure and an untold story...like so many before, the best is yet to come......



It's always in the little things.

xxx
June

No comments:

"